Engagement Overview : We were requested to provide a retail entry strategy by a leading producer of a commodity product (staple food) – currently servicing the wholesale market. The promoter wished to launch a branded version of the food product and needed support in devising a retail entry strategy.
Centric was engaged to help devise a retail launch strategy including brand positioning, marketing collateral creation and trade feedback.
Our end objective was to help the client determine the cost of retail entry that focused on profitable growth while leveraging current strengths.
Methodology : We worked in a phased manner to help the client devise a suitable retail entry strategy based on the following inputs:
- Brand Positioning : Based on Founder Vision, Existing Product Portfolio, Competitive Context, Global Trends and Trade feedback
- Marketing Collateral Critical for launch : Branding and Packaging Design
- Trade Feedback : Key Account, Distributor and Stand Alone store feedback to identify the cost of entry and the potential triggers for product placement.
- Product Pricing : Pricing strategy to include both the costs of distribution, cost of sales and other elements to facilitate ramp up at a later stage.
- Business Plan : A plan that includes sales estimates and the cost of retail entry that clearly indicated the level of investment involved.
Key deliverable : Our client was able to arrive at a retail entry strategy that capitalized on his core strengths and prevailing sentiments in the market.
Brand Review : By the end of the engagement, our client had clear road map to launch branded product and key retail partners for last mile execution support. The company is in expansion mode and currently ramping up operations for launch in mid 2018.
Retail Strategy and Business Planning : We were able to identify key partners for Retail Launch in South India and Delhi NCR who would help the client grow in a systematic and methodical manner. Our business plan helped the client plan his financial investment in a systematic manner.
Read more about Centric’s approach toward Retail Launch Strategy